Annual General Meeting Notice
** Due to increasing concerns related to the COVID-19 outbreak the Annual Meeting and Educational Seminar (AMES) June 14th to 16th 2020 has been postponed to June 6th to June 8th, 2021 in Windsor, Ontario. We realize this is sudden and we have many delegates registered already. Plans are in the works to provide refunds or future conference credit as requested. We will be providing more information as per our policies as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact the association for any questions. **
Building Code Update,
Ontario Regulation 139/17, (Published on e-Laws: May 17, 2017, Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 3, 2017)
Specific to Part 7,
54. Sentence 126.96.36.199.(2) of Division B of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Except as required in Sentence 188.8.131.52.(2), where a plumbing system is installed in a house, every storey in which plumbing is or may be installed, including the basement of the house, shall have extended into it or passing through it a vent pipe that is at least 1 ½ in. in size for the provision of future connections.
55. Sentence 184.108.40.206.(1) of Division B of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Except for a single-family dwelling” at the beginning and substituting “Except for a house containing not more than one dwelling unit”.
56. (1) Sentence 220.127.116.11.(5) of Division B of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before Clause (a) and substituting the following:
(5) Where both hot and cold water is supplied to fixtures in residential buildings containing more than one dwelling unit, the water system may be sized in accordance with Table 18.104.22.168. provided,
. . . .
(2) The heading to Table 22.214.171.124. of Division B of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Water Pipe Sizing for Buildings Containing More Than One Dwelling Unit
Forming Part of Sentence 126.96.36.199.(5)
(3) Article 188.8.131.52. of Division B of the Regulation is amended by adding the following Sentence:
(6) Where both hot and cold water is supplied to fixtures in a house containing only one dwelling unit, the water service pipe is permitted to be a minimum of ¾ in. in size provided,
(a) a minimum ¾ in. water supply piping located in the basement or lower level is extended to the base of every hot and cold riser that serves a maximum of one bathroom group and to the last water supply branch serving any basement bathroom group, fixture supply or hose bibb, and
(b) the total hydraulic load is not more than 26 fixture units, using the values given in Table 184.108.40.206.A.