The 2019 Annual Meeting and Education Seminar will be held in Kingston, Ontario. The format will once again be all-inclusive and will include 3 nights accommodation, all meals, trade show and all seminars. Please note that if you require a room for Saturday night the reservation should be made by the OPIA. The Executive is looking forward to seeing you in June!
Come Join Us for the OPIA 89th Annual Meeting & Educational Seminar
Building Code Update,
Ontario Regulation 139/17, (Published on e-Laws: May 17, 2017, Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 3, 2017)
Specific to Part 7,
54. Sentence 220.127.116.11.(2) of Division B of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Except as required in Sentence 18.104.22.168.(2), where a plumbing system is installed in a house, every storey in which plumbing is or may be installed, including the basement of the house, shall have extended into it or passing through it a vent pipe that is at least 1 ½ in. in size for the provision of future connections.
55. Sentence 22.214.171.124.(1) of Division B of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Except for a single-family dwelling” at the beginning and substituting “Except for a house containing not more than one dwelling unit”.
56. (1) Sentence 126.96.36.199.(5) of Division B of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before Clause (a) and substituting the following:
(5) Where both hot and cold water is supplied to fixtures in residential buildings containing more than one dwelling unit, the water system may be sized in accordance with Table 188.8.131.52. provided,
. . . .
(2) The heading to Table 184.108.40.206. of Division B of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Water Pipe Sizing for Buildings Containing More Than One Dwelling Unit
Forming Part of Sentence 220.127.116.11.(5)
(3) Article 18.104.22.168. of Division B of the Regulation is amended by adding the following Sentence:
(6) Where both hot and cold water is supplied to fixtures in a house containing only one dwelling unit, the water service pipe is permitted to be a minimum of ¾ in. in size provided,
(a) a minimum ¾ in. water supply piping located in the basement or lower level is extended to the base of every hot and cold riser that serves a maximum of one bathroom group and to the last water supply branch serving any basement bathroom group, fixture supply or hose bibb, and
(b) the total hydraulic load is not more than 26 fixture units, using the values given in Table 22.214.171.124.A.